Tuesday, May 1, 2007

May Day! May Day!


So yeah.
Went and walked the May Day parade, in the company of the only two Anarchists I could find, who turned out to be pretty cool.
Didn't think much of it though.
Icelanders, bless 'em, just ain't that great at protesting. The chants were trite, and the atmosphere, with the exception of the marching bands, was somehow subdued, like everyone was slightly embarrassed and/or nervous to be out at this annual crumb thrown to the Icelandic Left.
I stayed, feeling vaguely riddik myself (there's a picture coming that should some it up, whenever Olga sends it to me) until the same old speeches started, then I wondered around town for a bit. Met some people, walked to Anna's, grabbed the Embles and we went out for Grillhúsið fish and chips (yummmmmmmmmmmmmm) followed by Next , which I'd rate about a 3 out of 5, at Háskolabío (which seemed to be in the process of shutting down, all the vending machines shut off, minimal staff, empty concession stands...)
Not a world-rocking day.
Not bad, folk were met, fun was had.
But not rocking.
Not running through the streets, not confronting the cops, not fightin the man.
Just a day nearly like any other.
Bit of a bummer really.
I've got rant built up. I want to tear into Rvk's "green" program, maybe rip into the State Church again, raise some hell about idiots who's thinking cannot dive more than an inch beneath the surface.
Just wait for it. It'll come.
Bloggin is a bit like taking a shit, after all. Not very satisfying if you have to force it.

No comments: