Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Another Lazy Blog...


So I just found out that I get tomorrow off.

Some sort of Zombie Messiah holiday apparently.

So in lieu of a long and well-thought-out blog, you, my darling blogadytes, get to read the lyrics to a song I wrote at the ripe ol' age of 16. A song I can never remember the lyrics to (other than the first two verses) but recently found while desperately looking for my flutes.

Enjoy.

Or mock.

Probably mock.

Defiance Cry:

You’ve come this far no further
I will not stand idly by
I will stand here at the barricade
and my defiance cry!

I will raise my fist in vengeance
I will smash you to the ground
the death knell of you avarice
is my defiant sound!

With you boardrooms and your bombers
with your propaganda lies
manufacturing necessities
for the lives we have to buy.

Try to numb us with sweet poison
and march us to our deaths
forever fast consuming
til nothing else is left.

The time has come to rise up
No more fucking standing still
you cannot stand against us
you cannot fight our will.

I am one but I am many
I am stronger than the tide
I’ll blaze through your high towers
Incinerate your pride.

I will smash your heart of darkness
I’ll see you bleeding in the street
I am the roar of revolution
I’m the dawn of your defeat.

I’m the greatness in our spirit
that will never bend its knee
that will never suffer tyrants
nor their false authority.

(I have a name that you have slandered
I have a banner red and black
I am Anarchy triumphant
Now its my turn to fight back!)

I am billions now awakened
one voice rising to the sky.
Tremble you fucking fascists
at my defiant cry!


So yeah...it's more of a chant than an actual song...somehow I always imagined it with big drums and bag-pipes.

I'm a geek, what can I say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angry. Angry young man.