Saturday, April 14, 2007

Mohawk Down...


So I went over to Embles' last night, hung out with her and Klaus and Kari and the ever-so adorable Askur and ate really delicious pasta.


Thanks to Kari and Klaus, I also downed rather a lot of good liquor, especially some very fine Scotch, and being unwilling to waste a rather lovely buzz, I wandered down to Rosenberg, always a fine spot for good music, and wound up talking to a 50 year old woman named Sigrun who has a son my age in the States. Or rather, he was in the States up until last week, when he was deployed to Baghdad. Unlike a lot of American military mothers, she was not proud of him. We spent some time talking about the military, how its "so good at making soldiers but not as good at making men". She was terrified for her son, angry at him for joining the Army in the first place, and pissed as hell at a world that would put anyone in her situation.

Needless to say, after something that depressing (the old-school acoustic blues in the background made it almost cinematic depressing), I needed to lose my mind a bit.

So I went to what is officially my favorite club in Rvk: Qbar.

Long-term readers of my blog (is such a rare and curious creature does in fact exist) will remember me once describing Qbar as a snobby place for coked-up yuppies, but its been remade into a fun, cosy little "straight friendly" dance club, with decently priced drinks, nice staff, and generally danceable music.

Long story short, met a couple of co-workers, danced til 5am, went home, and woke up with much less hangover than I deserved.

The important thing is that I shaved off the 'hawk at Embles' last night, mainly just to make a change. It's weird, I'd gotten used to the 'hawk, but I kinda like the slightly less follicle enriched look of me. Feel free to comment on that, as I know a certain Sarcastic Princess is bound to.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that being hawkless will make picking up cute punk chicks a helluva lot harder? Just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I AM WAY TOO SPEECHLESS TO BE SARCASTIC............nah am kiddin see that mohawk was the only thing that gave people an illusion of some hair on ur head and poof now its gone.

Anonymous said...

p.s- no but lets make you feel good about it by reminding you that now you have the utmost privilege and honour of sporting the same hair-cut as britney spears.thou she covers up her head with uber fancy expensive strands of hair glued together thing called wig, we all now know how she looks underneath that thanks to you :)