Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Goin for the hat trick







Three posts in one night.
If I wasn't so sick, I'd be doing a little dance of happiness!
So I just need a topic...hmmm
Oh! Here's one!
I have an unbelievably hot collection of female friends. And they are just friends. Honestly.
True, in the past they were usually friends whom I desperately long to obtain benefits from, but these days just friends. Good friends.
Hell, my three best friends are all attractive women.

So why am I single???

This is not, by the way, a sad attempt to fish for compliments and make me feel better. This is an actual conundrum, and enigma wrapped in a riddle and deep-fried in what-the-fuck? I stay up nights pondering this.

I have a theory about this.

Basically it goes: Girls don't like to share.

Sticking my three best friends in a room used to be a recipe for awkwardness on a grand scale, and most women I've gotten involved with over the last couple of years seem to seriously disapprove of my little platonic harem (although, to be fair, some of them disapproved of my having any friends at all).

But that could just be the aging punk j'accusing the other side.

So, as the fever has made it impossible for me to feel worse, I am throwing the question out there into cyberspace. How is it that I'm still single, dear blogodytes?
Let'er rip. Don't be shy. Let me have it!
That's what comments were invented for after all...

And frankly, I need all the help I can get.

2 comments:

Emblita said...

I agree, January shouldn't actually count as a real month- I suggest using it for winter holidays (preferrably held on an tropical island somewhere)or you could party through it- either way is much better than a month of being broke, sniffly, fluey and wondering if the sun will ever rise above the mountains again (in the tropics, you know winter is happpening but its nice to be somewhere else while it happens, and if you're drunk- all the fun happens in the dark anyway).
As for the singleness... tough one. I don't know... except maybe you're looking in the wrong places (if you ask me). I know you have to put yourself out there... but I believe that when the time and the person is right it will happen. And, if that person doesn't like your friends... thats not the right person!

Jean Ayoub said...

So why am I single??? is that supposed to be a trick question????teehee a.k.a insane cackles