Thursday, January 25, 2007

Selling out?


I've decided to sell out.
At least a bit.
See, I'm tired of working 50 plus hours a week for less money than many of my friends make in 15 hours or so less. I'm also tired of the responsibility of working with little humans. I have a hard time taking the pressure of being a surrogate father figure to 70 some kids, with all the joy and drama (don't forget the drama) that entails.
I miss working with grown-ups.
I miss people who are capable of reason and discussion.
I miss people not covered in snot.
So I'm selling out. I'm hunting for jobs in the corporate, capitalist world out there.
Something challenging, fun, creative, and well, lucrative. I've got debts to pay off. And I'd like to take a vacation sometime.
But it still feels like a fall from grace.
Not to mention that while I may have the talent to do a lot of interesting things, I don't necessarily have the qualifications. My computer skills are incredibly basic, and thanks to all the years of increased income facilitation and social work, my resume doesn't really qualify me for anything other than, well, increased income facilitation and social work.
Vicious little cycle that.
Like a mo-ped made of rusty knives.
But I want to try. So I will face my fear of rejection, swallow my punk pride, and apply for jobs like this.
If anyone wants to hire me, I've gone all cyber-spacey and posted a blog c.v.
Just don't beat me up in the comments for being a sell-out. I know already.

2 comments:

Nina said...

I don't even see this as selling out. think: vacation every year, think: new people, think: new grown up people, think: more money for booze, parties and dates with new grown up people.yay! so go for it.

Emblita said...

Hey how can making a living be selling out? At least... as long as you don't work for a) MacDonalds, b) Walmart or c)any bank anywhere
Everything else (pretty much) is okey. Besides isn't working for the government just as big a sell out for an anarchist? So you're just- you know... upping your price :รพ
Seriously, don't worry about it- just see what turns up