Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Sam´s Gang Oft Agay...



So I've decided to cut my punk ass some slack. I've been being to hard on little ol' me of late, bashing myself for selling out, not working out, and going out.
It all came to a head yesterday, when I realised that if I don't ease up on the non-stop self-critiquing, I will become Emo, like Bright Eyes emo.
And that my little gothlings is a big no-no.
It all started with watching one of my favorite animated movies, The Iron Giant, yesterday afternoon with the kiddies when we got back from hopping on trampolines at Íþrottaskóli. The scene where the giant flies up into space and sacrifices himself to save the very people who have been trying to destroy him from their own nuke got me all farklempt, and started me thinking about other films/books/songs that put me in an emotionally fragile state. I ended up having a song called "Two Little Boys" a song which for reasons that completely escape me I have never been able to sing all the way through (I get all farklempt) STUCK IN MY HEAD! It was like having a melancholy dentist's drill boring into your head. Sucked ass.
So by the time I met up with The Cutest Couple in the World, I was feeling ever so fragile. We then made yummy tacos and drank way too much, went exploring in the skeletal remains of the old Klink og Bank, where we took cool pictures, wondered just why the hell someone had left hundreds of Spark games in pallets out front, and decided we should have some sort of party there tonight.
Which is only part of the plan. See, I'm cutting myself some slack about the weekend partying. As long as I don't take my card with me, and don't let it ruin the rest of my weekend. Frankly, this surrogate father-figure needs to be able to cut the hell loose and blow off a lot of steam if he's not to have a total breakdown.
So we'll try to have a drum/candles/booze gathering in the remains of an abandoned building. We also plan on checking out the new "Scottish" bar The Highlander (There can be only one!) just for shits and giggles (who knows, I might get some free booze for my repertoire of Dirty Scottish Drinking Songs), going to Tinna's B-day bash, and swilling free beer at FSS's anniversary party.
What could possibly go wrong?

JINX!

No comments: