Thursday, February 1, 2007

The 'F-word



'Flu.
I got the friggin 'flu.
The real one. The one that doctors give you notes that say "NO WORK UNTIL MONDAY" for.
Now, having said note is very relieving for the Catholic Work Guilt, but still.
3,000ISK to have a doctor talk to me for five minutes, and listen to each of my lungs for a total of one breath apiece, just to get a piece of paper stating what is patently obvious?
Kinda annoying.
And then there's the fact that this means no weekend fun. Hell, I'd best cancel the invite to a nice calm, moderate-drinking, dinner party so as not to infect the ready-to-burst mama and the newly baked baby that will be in attendance. Which means a lot of boredom for the Sma.
I've reached the point where the net (which is acting up, scares the crap out of me that does, without the net, what am I gonna fall back on? Books? I've fallen off the literate wagon, apparently.) is getting a might dull. I seem to have read it. All of it. And looked at most of the weird pictures too. Like the one above. Just weird. I mean, where the hell is that hook!?!?!
So I'm looking forward to a long weekend of more dullness than the human mind can comprehend.
Lucky me.
So if anyone has anything interesting to tell me about, show me, or whatnot, contact me online.
Please. I am BORED!

2 comments:

Jean Ayoub said...

am TALKING TO YOU RIGHT NOW WHAT MORE DO U WANT!!!!!QUIT BUICTHIN ABT BEING BORED HAVENT I AMUSED U ALREADY!!!

Emblita said...

Hmmm I remember when a weekend of doing absolutly nothing except reading, napping and eating was the best thing ever!
That was two years ago- mr party hardy