Monday, August 27, 2007

Wanderlust


I've been dreaming of far-flunbg places lately, especially India.
I just finished watching one of those Michael Palin travel shows, which made me want to go walkabout even more.
I'm just terrified of the the Bombay trots and such. As any regular reader of this rant well knows I have the immune system of a irradiated baby seal with a lymphatic disorder.
But scary as it is for me, I really want to just pull up stakes and go. I think it's the combo of having had my life turned around combined with my usual autumn-induced bout of introspection. I want to run off to India, or bugger off to France, take off to Latvia where my friends are starting a restaurant or go bike across the US. Anything but stay here and teach bored teenagers to sit still and obey orders while pretending that English is the real lesson.
Funny how quickly what you want becomes what you want to escape, eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel, although in my case it's caused by growing up on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere.

Anonymous said...

Pabbi Pabbi Pabbi... Over?
Do you copy?

Hello from Latvia : ) I want so much that you are here with me now! I wish I have someone to walk around and fight with these silly X-Soviet workers
who think that they are some sort of GodS!! I like to remind them that they are NOT! hahaha then I was not popular and got thrown out of the Immigration ofiice...hahaha Mad they are!

So maybe to stuck in the island in the middle of no where is not so bad after all : ) but be brave! with those little innocent teens (hahaha) and you know you and jump over anytimes. Soon they will fly direct from Riga to Iceland then it will be easy to see you.

love you
little one