Monday, August 20, 2007

I'm back...kinda...


Just a brief note to let people know that soon (ish) I'll be up and blogging again.


I think.


Thing is that after being netless for the better part of a month, I no longer feel the need to log in every chance I get. Combine that with the fact that my relatively easy new job (Assistant Gym Teacher! How funny is that!?) suddenly metamorphosed into a full-time English gig teaching 8-10th graders with no warning whatsoever and you get a Sma who is very the busy and insanely the freaked.


Been watching to much Buffy I guess.


But, yeah, major wiggins with an extra helping of wig.


Meanwhile my new place has yet to see anything in the way of remodeling done, my ten-day vacation to the glorious north plus the standard first week of work flu have seen to that. So I'm still kitchen-and-showerless.


Hopefully I'll be getting the particulars figured out soon and then go all Bob Buildery on the place while house-sitting (i.e. mooching interweb and cable) for Embla and Klaus while they're off gallivanting around Thailand.


Other than that, not much is up aside from my impending 31rst birthday. I'm really not sure what I want to do for it. Usually I throw a massive do, but this year I might settle for a nice dinner with friends and a couple a beers.


Which makes me afraid I'm going all mature and shit.


So to combat it, I'm going to finish this random ramble with a b-day wish list of doom.


I wanna...


Kitchen!

Parquet!

Furniture!

Internet Connection!

Seasons 2-??? of Stargate SG1

Buffy Buffy Buffy!!!

The Iron Council, Perdido Street Station, and The Scar by China Mielville!!!

Angel season 1-???!

Both Hjálmar albums!!!

Jeff Who!!!

Black leather jewelry (studded or un)!!!

Whiskey!!!

A naughty weekend with either Salma or Alyson "Willow-was-the-cutest-lesbian-ever" Hannigan!!!

Or just a good day with good friends.


I'm not that picky really...



2 comments:

Annie said...

Congrats on new job and birthday! Well done.

Anonymous said...

ur were an asst gym teacher???????????????????????????????*manages to stifle the overwhelming need to giggle*sorry there's something abt that doesnt scream GYM material.no ok let me not be caustic so congrats on ur new job.