Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thursday-itis


I seriously don't get it.

Every Thursday, regardless of how well I've slept the night before, what I've eaten or not eaten, how healthy I feel or how relaxed I am, every friggin Thursday morning finds me assaulted by random aches and indigestion.

Every damned time.

Gets on my last nerve.

I mean, yeah, Thursdays are long and annoying days in my work schedule. Have to take the kiddies to the pool, and have to actually go into the pool with the first graders thanks to an unlikely amount of special needs in that particular class. And yeah, I have to deal with the tossabekkur fifth graders, one of whom started today by demanding (not asking mind, demanding) of the bus driver that we detour to his house because he forgot his juice box. When I 86ed that suggestion he pulled a total pre-teen temper tantrum up to and including calling me a "damn foreign faggot". And of course, this being a school run by people terrified of destroying the dear sweet little children's self-esteem, I couldn't do anything about it.

But seriously, do I really have to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous Thursdays every fucking week?

Yesterday was fun too. Got a new member of the Ted Bundy Jr. Psychopath club. 7 year old boy who's already gotten in trouble for spitting on, feeling up, punching, kicking, and biting another staff member, all the while screaming at her that she's a "stupid foreign whore who should go back to her shitty country where they eat each others shit". Yesterday he was forcing his "affections" on various girls in his class, trying to pin them to the wall to kiss and dry hump, and if they fought him off, as one did, he'd kick them. He also kicked a teacher, filled up a bottle with scalding hot water and then used it like a fake dick to spray H2O all over some of the first graders, and tried to smash in the front door window with an apple-sized chunk of concrete.

Kid got issues.

His mom, bless her, is actually trying to nip this in the bud. When informed of the first incident, she was genuinely shocked, especially at the racism angle, as her current boyfriend is foreign.

It doesn't take my considerable intellectual powers to then surmise that little Ted Jr. has been picking this shit up from Daddy, who is undoubtedly less than thrilled with his ex's choice in male companionship...

I think I've figured out the cure for Thursday-itis. Soon as I'm done with my labyrinthine taxes, I'm looking for a new job!

No comments: