Saturday, March 17, 2007

By the rising of the moon...


So in the last few days I've pretty much refrained from smoking, tasted no alcohol, eaten sparingly, and sweated my way through all of my work-out clothes.
For those of my blogadytes that haven't caught on yet, this is in no way due to my recent health-kick.
The only thing kicking round here is the bug that's taken up residence in my tonsils, and its the ass of me that its kickin'.
Seriously, when you're so fever-ridden that your 300 inspired dream about an army of tiny Spartans guarding the tiny gap that is your throat in order to prevent the "army of water" from getting through makes perfect sense to you, you know the bug is kickin' your ass. And yeah, my subconscious is really that trite.
Thing is, I think I might just have this thing on the ropes now. Because if I don't get to go out tonight and raise a pint, there is going to be some HELL to pay.
See, not only is it Saint Patty's, its also my Papa's B-Day, and tradition demands that a pint of Guinness be consumed in his honor. Throw in the happy news that I'm soon to be an UnkaBo (Congrats Val and Jeff!) and I have every reason to raise my glass of cheer.
This is one of those times when I really wish I could just pop home for the weekend. Little sis Ish has prepared a massive corn-beef and cabbage Guinness bash at her place for the whole fam and friends, and I'm not there. Bugger! The least I can do is hit RVK's Irish-Themed-Drinkeries and hoist a few.

I'll be damned if some lingering kiddy ebola is gonna get in the way of that!

That being said, I also don't want to wake up tomorrow with the bug back in ass-kickin mode. So I've gots me some planning to do.

Ok, just for the record, not really a drop of Irish blood in La Familie Levesque. Hell, ma gran mere is still pissed at the Irish for "stealing jobs from the Quebecois", she nearly blew her top when big sis married her first husband, a ginger-git with the last name of Wahle. The fact that my Pops and all his siblings are named after saints isn't all that surprising, but the fact that Pop's name isn't Patrick is, considering he was born on said saint's day! Anyways, long story short, somehow all these things have combined to make a family of mad Irish-philes out of a formerly respectable clan of Quebecois. So we do St. Paddy's with style!

Later, dear blogadytes.

Raise a pint for me Da!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sam! In case you hadn't already noticed I've disappeared from myspace and I'm still debating whether to start a blog. But! I have been reading yours. So get DOWN with the drink. You know I will be... I see it as only right. My name is Claire McNally after all.