Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Limbo lower now.


(<---REALLY GOOD MOVIE)


So thanks to Emblita's perfectly timed shabuku, I turned in my letter of resignation from the school on Monday.




I then promptly fell ill and spent the next 36 hours in bed.




It felt great, printing that thing out, slapping the ol' John Hancock on the line and all, but the fact that the principal was so busy that I wound up having to send it to her via email and interoffice was a serious anti-climax. Like having your grandma walk in on you mid-wank.




I keep waiting for a phone call or an email or just to be called to the carpet, but nothing, nada, zilch.




Which I guess is a good thing, I mean, I'd hate to wind up in a shouting match or storming out or anything, considering thatI'll be working in the same buildling at least until March, but I would like to have it all signed seal and finished.




The thing is, despite applying for numerous other jobs, I'm kinda looking foward to next month, only working about 60% but earning the same if not slightly more moolah. Having time in the mornings to work on the place, to write, to swim, to fart around with projects too long delayed.




I can't wait.



In other news, during my feverish limbo on my new little couch (Thanks Embla and Klaus) I wound up watching movies like mad including Walk the Line (really good but short of brilliant) Kinsey (brilliant!) Hannibal Rising (complete and total shitstorm of badness) and Hellboy (which I've watched a zillion times and love).


I really don't know why I felt the need to tack that on to this post...anywho...

Update: I finally got the word, I'm officially on short-time now. They tried the whole passive-agressive bs with me ("we really want you here, why are you leaving us?") and so on, but its nice to know that I'm gone. Solid gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like seriously?????HELL BOY!!!!would have given you benefit of doubt if u had mentioned CATWOMAN

What Rough Beast said...

Much as the idea of Halle Barry tricked out in a latex jumpsuit appealed to me, I've never managed to watch Catwoman. Now it Del Toro directed it (like he did Hellboy) I'd give it a shot.