Monday, January 14, 2008

The best laid plans of mice and Sams...


...gang oft doontoon to get shitefaced.


At least this weekend. Went to a lovely dinner at Inaki and Noellia's place on Friday. Ate, drank, discussed possible methods of converting a strange Jamaican "Ugli" fruit into leather of some kind, and was merry.


Instead of leaving it like that, I went downtown.


Spent the next day hangin' with the Embles, putting finishing touches on my rezzie and going through the hideous process of trying to look normal long enough for Embles to take a head shot for said rezzie.


Then went out and got wasted with Þórir.


Which I regretted all day Sunday as I fitfully tried to get work done on the apartment and fought against the certain knowledge that I was both feverish and coughing.


Its not that I'm even all that into being drunk anymore. Drunkenness generally gets dull for me at around 2-3am, at which point I've generally had my fill of dancing drunken repartee and just want to curl up in bed.
Its not even the oft-employed peer-pressure, which though effective does from time to time make me hate the people employing it.


Quite simply, its that I want to meet a nice single attractive person and get laid.


And for the life of me I have know idea how one does that in this country without the aid of booze and bad techno.


Argh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're aiming too high. Strike "nice" and "attractive" from the list, then we'll talk.