Thursday, July 5, 2007

You CAN get me I'm part of the Union...


Fuckers still haven't paid up.

Well, not entirely true, they apparently have paid everyone but me.

A one man strike is not something I can see myself pulling off. The Reykjavik Municipal Employee's Union isn't much help.

As much as this pisses me off, it's actually kinda down there on the list.

I'm pissed off that my vacation, the first actual summer vacation I've had in over 5 years is going to be spent re-arranging my life thanks to a broken promise.

I'm pissed off that the savings I have pain-stankingly built up are going to be blown on said re-arrangements, not on the necessary and longed-for improvements to my life it was intended for.

I'm pissed that my friendship counts for so little that one who was once a dear friend is prepared to let it wither and grow cancerous rather than open their fucking mouth and TALK!

And despite my long estrangement from my native soil (I will never call it "Homeland", never ever again) I'm pissed that during the week when we Yanks commemorate one of the few things we did 100% right, the Rebellion, that the self-appointed leaders of said nation have chosen to wallow in their own autocratic shit.

Couldn't say it better myself
...

Instead of setting off fireworks and lighting the BBQ, I wish folks back home had spent this Independence Day setting off Molotovs and BBQing the tyrants amongst them.

Fuck this fucking fucked up world.

Fuck.

3 comments:

Urdur said...

Well, I don't exactly see you TALKING either, but rather turning things into some sort of internet farce.
That being said, I'll just come out and state that I can't stand the current living arrangement, me and Ragnar want to be alone together, and we're very sorry but you're going to have to start looking for a different place to live.

Emblita said...

Thats pretty harsh Urdur... I mean I am a little bit shocked, how low of you to say this in a comment. Isn't the least you owe one of your best friends, to say it to his face? Maybe you were just pretending to be his friends for all these years.
Because I have a hard time believing that a real friend could be so underhand. First you beg him to move from his apartment to yours, giving up most of his things. Then once he's moved in you turn on the silent treatment, apparently already regretting that you asked him to move there. But now you have hurt your once dear friend deeply. Because you couldn't show him the respect of telling him what was going on. It makes me angry that you should do that and it is obvious that you are not a real friend.
If you are not grown up enough to talk things out with your friends... marriage is not going to be easy for you. That is the ultimate test of your communication skills- and the silent treatment doesn't count.

Anonymous said...

Nicely put Emblita. I dont know whats been going on but dumping someone on their blog is a low hard to crawl up from.