Thursday, August 14, 2008

Loungeing in Logroño.

So I get into Logroño at the ass end of the morning, and Iñaki picks me up, walks me to his place, and lets me take a much needed shower before collasping into the cool comfort of a bed.

Slept like the dead save for a troubling dream about the former roomates. Turns out later they were getting hitched while I slept. Best of luck to 'em.

I´m digging Logroño. Maybe because I have freinds here, maybe because the pinxtos are better and cheaper, maybe because its considerably cooler, maybe because I got to go to an awesome punk concert my first night where I met a fellow expat, who used to work in friggin' Orting of all places!

Its a very laid back, pretty town, newer except fot the mandatory old town full of funky little bars, and freakishly clean. Like cleaner than Northwest clean, and we're the most culturally clean freaks outside of fuckin' Utah.

So far we've walked around, drank some beer and ate some nibbly bits (the wild mushroom dumpling was heavinly!) went to the lovely park down by the river, went shopping (the food! the prices! the fun cooking!).

Tonight me and Iñaki and possibly his ex-girlfreind the Buffy Fan (Noe isn't a fan of this) are going to a new wine tasting, and then maybe an outdoor concert.

Pics are coming soon, I just don't feel like trying to plug the camera in as it involves climbing behind a desk and I'm currently busy with beer.

More later my punks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How...cultural...your trip sounds. Nibbly bits (I assume there have been/will be nipply bits at some point), wine tasting (remeber, if you spit it out it's wine tasting, if you swallow it's a set up for a bad joke), punk concerts...I envy you, I truly do.

Get drunk for me, don't fall out of a tree - and for future reference, bring Imodium. That way you can cough or sneeze without having to change your trousers afterwards.